Saturday 17 January 2015

COOKS: COCONUT PANNA COTTA WITH MANGO AND BLUEBERRIES


Hey everyone, long time no see. how have you been? 
Well, today I've got a simple panna cotta recipe thats will blow your mind on 
how simple it is to make and how yummy it is.



 COCONUT PANNA COTTA WITH MANGO AND BLUEBERRIES
serves 6
Ingredients

375ml coconut cream
375ml coconut milk
1/2cup caster sugar
1 pinch salt 
2 1/2tsp gelatine powder
2tbsp boiling water
1 mango
1 punnet blueberries
coconut flakes to decorate

Method
1. First off grab a saucepan and place the coconut cream and milk into the saucepan. Then put it on the stove to bring it to a boil. Once boiled set aside to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.

2. When it has cooled down add the sugar and salt. Stir to dissolved the sugar and salt. I would give it a taste at this point to see if the sugar and salt are balanced.

3. In a small bowl add the gelatine powder and hot boiling water. Then stir the mix quickly and make sure there is no lumps and it dissolved. Cool slightly, then stir well into the coconut cream and milk mixture.

4. Now choose your weapons. I went with jars and at this point and you can pretty much choose any that floats your boat. And so I just divide the coconut mixture the jars.

5. Places them in the fridge for about 4 hour until  they are set.

6. Now it time to bring in the other flavour elements of the dessert. The mangos and blueberries. With the mango I peeled the skin, removed the stone and sliced it long ways. With the blueberries I kept it whole and I just washed them.


7. When I served them, I took it out of the fridge and gave them a bit of a shake, they should still have a bit of a jiggle to them. So I kept it really simple, just place the mango slice on top, same goes with the blueberries and coconut flakes.
.

Notes: The reason I put it into jars is thats it would be portable and so it be a great picnic idea. ;)


JHPMISS


No comments:

Post a Comment